The Mixema MasterMix series vacuum processing plant is designed for high industrial production of a wide range of liquid, pasty, viscous, and highly viscous products in various industries.
- Heating, cooling
Examples of applications in various industries
- Dairy processing – soft cottage cheese, yogurt, condensed milk, reconstituted milk powder, cream.
- Oil and fat processing – combined oils, margarines, mayonnaise.
- Fruit and vegetable processing – jams, ketchup, sauces, purees, pastes.
- Confectionery industry – cream filling, chocolate-hazelnut paste, chocolate glaze, honey.
- Non-alcoholic drinks industry – juices, nectars, soft drinks.
- Cosmetics industry – lotions, shampoos, conditioners, gels, ointments, toothpaste.
- Pharmaceutical industry – ointments, emulsions, gels.
- Chemical industry – detergents, adhesives, paints, varnish, and disinfectants.
The plant’s design consists of a working vessel equipped with a jacket for heating/cooling and insulation, specially-shaped agitators with floating scrapers that do not allow the formation of burnt-on materials on the walls, and provides a highly efficient heat transfer between the heat carrier (or a coolant) and the product in a thin layer.
The agitator’s drive, a hatch for loading dry components, a vacuum chamber to connect the machine to a system of evacuation, a pipe branch to load liquid components and fitting for the product which is returned from the recirculation channel are located on the cover of the plant. As an option, a dual circulation loop can be installed for production with different levels of the batch load product.
A rotor-stator homogenizer is installed beneath the working vessel. It provides homogenizing, dispersion, and emulsifying processes.
The homogenizing head is interchangeable, allowing for a quick and efficient changeover to produce a new type of product. As an option, powder components can be supplied directly in a vacuum chamber of the homogenizing working element.
The large volume MasterMix vacuum processing plant includes a working platform with stairs.
Evacuation – the process of removing air that reduces the temperature of the processing of the product, thus keeping its best consumer properties.
Mixing – A specially shaped agitator and shape of working vessel provide uniform mixing of the product without dead zones. Special "floating" scrapers do not allow the formation of burnt-on materials on the walls and contribute to the maximum transfer of heat or cold from the walls to the product in a thin layer.
Homogenization – Integrated in the tank bottom, the rotor-stator homogenizer provides a rapid and effective dispersion, emulsification, and homogenization of the particles with a size of 3 microns (or less on demand). The resulting product has an attractive appearance, a stable, homogeneous structure, and does not separate. It has a long shelf life. A homogenizer is used for the recirculation and discharge of the product. There is no need for additional pumps. It improves the hygiene of the plant and ease of maintenance.
Heating and cooling – The heating and cooling jacket allows the implementation of heating, melting, and cooling processes in one unit. The "direct steam injection into the product" option can significantly reduce the heating and cooking time in a batch.
The automated control system eliminates human error and ensures a consistently high quality of the finished product from batch to batch.
- Minimum product loading is only 15% of the volume of the container
- High performance
- Robust design and long, trouble-free service life
- Quick change to produce a new type of product
- Easy to work, maintain, and clean design
- Low operating costs and low resource consumption
- Compliant with FDA safety standards
- Low noise
- Additional recirculation loop
- Interchangeable homogenizing element
- Direct injection of steam into the product
- The use of special materials and any degree of surface treatment
- Various forms of agitators
- Adjustable agitator speed
- Any degree of automation
- GMP performance
- Validation documentation for use in the pharmaceutical industry
- Production design by customer's specifications
|Total volume, l||80||200||450||700||1000||3300||4500|
|Working volume, l||12-60||30-160||70-360||110-560||150-800||500-3000||680-4000|
|Rotating speed of rotor, rpm||3000|
|Rotating speed of agitator, rpm||18|
|Drive power Agitator/Rotor, kw||0.37/5||0.55/5||1.8/11||2.2/11||3/15||5.5/22||5.5/30|
Temperature of heating of the product,°C
Pressure inside the working vessel, MPa
Size of solid particles after homogenizing, not more, um
Temperature of steam supplied into the jacket, °C
|Pressure of steam supplied into the jacket, Mpa||0.3|
|Steam consumption, kg/h||40||70||100||130||160||250||280|
Specifications are subject to change upon request.